- I am so grateful to live in the same city as my family.
- I am grateful that, even though my parents are divorced, we all still get together on holidays.
- I am grateful for our universal appreciation of dorky puns.
- I am grateful for my niece’s big, round eyes when I try to surprise her with silly questions, before she realizes I'm joking and starts to giggle.
- I’m so grateful she loves holding hands for no reason.
- I am grateful that (when you’re four years old) one of the most exciting things in life, is simply to run as fast as you can.
- I am grateful to share these moments with my sister. We exchange a look and know we’re both smiling about the same observation.
- I am grateful to see my parents being nana & papa – to see how much joy that brings them.
Take 20 Seconds & Try This Out:
- Take a deep, loud breath, like a big sigh
- Finish this sentence: “I am grateful for…"
- Close your eyes & picture what you’re grateful for
- FEEL the gratitude in your body – breathe deeply into that feeling
- Now open your eyes.
Go ahead. How was that? Were you able to think of something?
Was it coffee? Your comfy bed? Your parents’ health? The sound of your kids laughing? Pizza? Your good taste and sense of humour? As you prepare for the rest of your day, take these 20 seconds for yourself.
If you're feeling grateful for this oasis in your day, sign-up for my newsletter! You'll receive my take on mindfulness for moms (and dads), self-care for brides (and grooms), and happy, healthy lifestyle tips for starseeds, lovers, seekers, and kitchen-dance-party aficionados alike. Plus, you'll receive first-dibs on popular photo dates, holiday promos, and anything else I can think of to serve you joy. Sign Up Here!
Check out more on gratitude lists in this post, where I reflect on not getting killed on my trip to Kenya.
Learn more about what's included in my exciting and awesome newsletter right here!